Land Monitoring System
The SMOT is an information system that allows users to monitor changes in the field, using images captured via satellite or aerial flight.
This system can be used to manage and control the state and/or use of the territory, for example, in the following situations:
- Illegal constructions
- Constructions that deviate from approved projects
- Deposits/Landfills for household or industrial waste
- Coastal erosion
- Water levels of rivers and reservoirs
- Counting elements (trees, houses, cattle, etc.)
- Calculating areas and volumes
- Mining areas
- Railway lines, roads, and electricity, gas and water grids
The SMOT analyses every alteration detected in a particular area, from images obtained with a preset frequency, and classifies the changes according to a set of predefined criteria.
This process triggers the dispatch of alerts to a Central Monitoring System, which are then distributed among the work teams. The teams receive the information directly on their mobile devices (smartphones and tablets), to ensure more efficient and effective inspections.